In December 2019 the planning application for Phase 1 of the Parkside Development was approved by St Helens Council. This project will enable lasting benefits for the local community.
The first phase will kick start the regeneration of the site and bring early benefits including:
- £80 million a year of new economic activity to the City Region.
- 1,330 gross operational jobs.
- Regeneration of former colliery site.
- An additional £2.2 million in Business rates to St Helens Council once fully operational.
- Around £77.9 million invested in construction.
- 457 construction and supply chain jobs during the site build.
- 93,000 sq m of new employment floorspace.
- Improvement of green space and landscape.