On 16th January 2018 we submitted a planning application for Phase 1 of the Parkside Development. This project will enable lasting benefits for the local community.
The first phase will kick start the regeneration of the site and bring early benefits including:
- £80m a year of new economic activity to the City Region.
- Both construction jobs and up to 1,300 permanent new logistics and manufacturing jobs with potentially thousands of jobs in future phases.
- Regeneration of former colliery site.
- An additional £2.2 million in Business rates to St Helens Council once fully operational.
- Around £73.5 million invested in construction.
- 413 temporary construction and supply chain jobs during the site build.
- 93,000 sq m of new employment floorspace.
- Improvement of green space and landscape.